Friday, March 23, 2012

My hectic trip to the Kingdom of Spain

Though it took 12 hours on the plane from Bangkok to Madrid, it was just five minutes to get out of the Madrid Int´l Airport after landing. I took a taxi straight away in front of the airport to ´Estacion de Atocha´ or Atocha train station where I had my afternoon ticket to Jaen changed to the morning trip, so that I could arrive ´Universidad de Jaen´ faster then scheduled. I checked in at Hostel Jaén - Albergue Inturjoven & Spa Jaén, then got on a bus to present my research work at the university. At night, the organizers took us participants to an old Spanish Castle where we were welcomed with European cocktail dinner. The venue is coincidently right behind the hostel. The next day was less busy. I relaxed a bit to enjoy easy breakfast at the hostel and attended the CILC2012 Conference. There are still lots of sessions that are worth sitting through. Some of the highlights are Prof. A-B Strenstrom´s and Prof. Paul Thompson´s Talks. After the three-day CILC2012 conference, I had to take the train back to Madrid to spend a night at Rafaelhoteles at Atocha Train Station, and continue on an overnight train to Paris where I could fly back to Bangkok from Charles De Gaulle Airport. What a hectic trip!

No comments: