Friday, November 16, 2007

I arrived in Goteborg on 14 November. Finding my way to the Slottskolmen Hostel is not at all a problem as I had been given clear directions from people who work there. I was so hungry that night as I had skipped Lunch, so I went straight to a Thai restaurant which is only two blocks away from the Hostel, ordering Tom Ka Gai and Prawn fried rice.

The next day, I visited the University of Goteborg where I had an appointment with Professor Aijmer. The meeting went very well. As I have thought, she is a kind and helpful lady. She commented on my work and suggested some articles that might be useful to my research. After the meeting, I only had an hour to wander around in Goteborg before catching a train back to Lund. Goteborg is not a very big city anyway if you are only concerned with shopping so I managed to spend an hour walking in the city shopping center and spent some time in the city old area.

In the evening, I finally returned to Lund, a week after the ASLA Conference had ended. I slept in the same hostel and met Professor Stenstrom at the auditorium of the Department of Literature and Translation at Lund University. We had an interesting discussion about my work. She is such a nice and kind lady to talk with. She promised to give me access to the COLT (Corpus of London Teenage Talk) which would be beneficial to my study, so I could compare my quantitative findings of the Thai NNSs with those of English NSs.

Now, I am waiting for the train to leave at 23:23 pm to for Stockholm. I should arrive there in the morning. So, I have 7 hours to spare before I will catch the train tonight.

No comments: