Thursday, November 22, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

Two days is enough for me to see the contradiction of atmostphere in Stockholm, which is really a city of fashion and history where you can wander around old and elegant buildings separated in 14 islands. For good memory, I booked a night in a hostel which was renovated from a hundred-year-old red boat. But what springs out to my mind at the moment is the Central Railway Station, where my luggage was stolen with all the food and surviving gears in it, including medicine. Though, that has not changed my good memory for the Danish as I am very sure that the guy who stole my bag was an immigrant, not the local. He sort of hung around my bag when I was trying to make an online-booking for a night in Copenhagen. The next thing I know was that I only saw one bag sitting next to me, instead of two. Feeling a bit panic, I was thinking if I should report to the police or run around at the station looking for the guy. If I report this to the police, I will be interviewed for some time and I may miss the train to Oslo, Norway, which was scheduled to arrive in 20 minutes. If I decide to look for him, I won't recognize him clearly anyway. So, after pondering for a while, I realized that the train has already arrived and was going to leave the platform. I was runninnnnng and made it to be on board just 3 seconds before it sets off. I was so close of missing that last train of the day!

No comments: